Augmented Reality (AR) technology combines the real world with virtual objects generated by smartphones or tablets in real-time. The process involves capturing an image of the real world by identifying different types of visual markers, such as QR codes, surfaces, faces, buildings, famous sculptures, the sky, the sea, among others.
Once recognized, the technology generates virtual objects in the composition with the image and the AR content is displayed on the device's screen. As the user moves around the environment, the AR content is updated in real-time, allowing virtual objects to interact with the real world in a precise and immersive way.
The goals and possibilities of content that can be inserted into augmented reality are diverse, such as:
- Additional information: adding additional information to an object or location, such as information about a product in a store or a sightseeing spot.
- Animations: creating 3D animations that interact with the real world, such as animated characters in a toy store or a wild animal inside a house.
- Games: creating interactive games that use the real world, such as treasure hunt or adventure games.
- Social media: creating AR filters on Instagram, TikTok or Snapchat that allow users to overlay virtual effects on their photos and videos.
- Advertising: creating interactive advertising campaigns that allow consumers to experience and learn details about products, such as trying on clothes, shoes or makeup.
- Simulation training: allowing the simulation of training environments, such as a safety training, where employees can learn how to handle emergency situations in a virtual environment.
- Education: allowing students to explore concepts and ideas in a more engaging and interactive way.
Currently, Augmented Reality offers several options for creating immersive and interactive experiences for users. In addition to dedicated applications, WebAR technology has been increasingly used, as it allows running AR directly inside the web browser, without the need of installing an additional application or plugin.
For the development of these experiences, we use various tools and technologies, such as 8th Wall, ARCore, ARKit, Meta Spark Studio and Zappar.
Veste a Garra Augmented Reality
Nike creates augmented reality experience for members who purchased the Brazilian National Team shirt
Experience in Augmented Reality for Chevrolet
Activation in Augmented Reality at the Chevrolet booth during the 2018 Auto Show
C&A – Showcase in Augmented Reality
Discover the new C&A Jeans collection through an Augmented Reality experience
Sesc Paulista Avenue App
App development for the new Sesc unit with augmented reality, 360º immersion, puzzle game and much more